Because of it Cases confirmed in 23 countries and six months, MMinistry of Health, Social Development and Sports He called for the peace of Mendoza, and he guaranteed that The province is not endemic.
Director of Epidemiology, Rubén Cerchiai, he confirmed There is no case in Mendoza. "The virus occurs in certain parts of the country, where endemic cases occur every year. Mendoza is not an endemic province, that is, there are no hantavirus cases, but the problem is that at this moment travelers are affected by areas or tourists, so they must know prevention measures they are, "said the official.
Cerchia has explained that a person suffering from the infection by hantavirus does not have a specific image that he suspects. The virus is transmitted through the mouse called colilargo, which eliminates the virus through urine, saliva and rock. "It is in the forehead, it dries and easily evaporates through wind or field activities. It can be inhaled by the disease," he added.
"In Mendoza, there is little or no little, it's very limited to certain areas, so there's not much danger," he said.
However, the virus It can also be extended from one person to another the secrets of the respiratory "Still no vaccinations For this virus, or for specific drugs, preventative measures are important. When the illness arises, treatment is treated with intensive treatment with support measures and it tries to overcome the disease, since the heart and respiratory phase create a high risk of life, mortality art 50 or 60%He said to Cerchia.
That's why before symptoms It is similar to flu, such as fever, muscles, coldness, headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach ache and diarrhea. In fact, it should be taken into account that if it has visited the affected area, in this case, the doctor must be alerted to make a diagnosis as soon as possible.
Five keys for Hantavirus
1) What is it?
Hantavirus is a serious viral illness caused by Hanta virus. Wild animals (especially in long hairs) are transmitted to people by eliminating the saliva, feta and urine virus.
2) How is it transmitted?
Breathing. It's the most common cause. It occurs when we breathe in open or closed places (sheds, orchards, pastures) where infected runners feces or urinarys infect the virus from the environment.
Live contact. Contaminated survivors or dead rodents or touch these feces or urine rodents.
Bites. Those who eat contaminated rodents.
Interhuman can be transmitted through an intense contact with an infected person, symptoms during the first days through air.
3) What are the symptoms?
It's like a symptom flu condition: fever, lean, coldness, headache (nausea), vomiting, stomach ache and diarrhea. After a few days, it can create a great breath called "hantavirus cardiopulmonary syndrome"; death may occur if the person is not hospitalized.
4) How is it treated?
There is no specific treatment. Patients with cardiopulmonary syndrome with Hantavirus should help in hospital facilities, preferably with intensive surveillance unit with mechanical ventilation.
5) How can they face them?
In Argentina, they have identified four endemic regions: North (Salta, Jujuy) Center (Buenos Aires, Santa Fe and Between the rivers), Northeast (Misiones) and South (Neuquén, Black River and Chubut). To avoid this illness, it is important in these areas:
- Rodents avoid coexistence and contact their secretions.
- Previously, rodents enter or build homes.
- Cover the doors, walls and pipes.
- Clean the wash (floors, walls, doors, tables, drawers and cabinets), with nine water (leave for 30 minutes and wash). Cool on the floor to prevent dust.
- Place gardens and wood over 30-meter houses, herbs and herbs cut in 30 meters radius at home.
- Have ventilated for at least 30 minutes before closing the places (houses, sheds). Before entering the mouth and nose, enter the column 95.
- Get out of it in herbs and dumps, do not sleep directly on the floor and consume drinking water.
- If there are rodents alive: use rodents or trappers to use poison (do not try to touch or hit). Check with the city if the pest control service is available.
- If there is a dead rod, clean everything you have contacted with bleach and wait at least 30 minutes. Then, pick up your hands and burn or burn more than 30 cm deep.
- People with symptoms of illness must be consulted to prevent close contact with the health service and other people.