At present, 24 cases of hantavirus have been confirmed in Chubut, and although the provincial government has ignored Mendoza, and it is not an endemic area, it is necessary to be careful when traveling to the areas.
This morning, the Ministry of Health of Chubut has announced a new patient with a positive hantavirus, which has grown 24 times in confirmed cases He has given six months to this illness that has been transmitted by the mouse "Colilargo" according to Epuyen, according to the official section No. 37.
In this area, Ruben Cerchiai, the Epidemiology Director, reaffirmed that there is no case in Mendoza, and it is very difficult: "Hantavirus occurs in some countries, where it is extremely endemic. Mendoza is not an endemic province, that is, no hantavirus cases. But the problem is at this moment [las vacaciones] travelers are affected by the affected areas or tourists, so preventative measures must be taken ".
About the disease, "it is caused by a virus", the person suffering from the infection does not suspect that the image of the face is suspected. "
He also explained the epidemiologist The virus is transmitted by means of a mouse called colilargo, that is to say, it is not practically found in Mendoza. Existing ones are very limited to certain areas, so there is not much danger. These mice take away the virus in the urine, saliva and raw material; It stays on the surface, it dries and evaporates easily or easily from the wind and it causes the disease.
Cerchiai emphasized: "It is important to take into account the virus in the breathing areas that can be spread between people. No specific drug, or specific drugs, is still there, so preventative measures are important. When the illness arises, treatment is treated with intensive treatment with support measures and tries to overcome it. It causes heart failure and respiratory failure and has a high risk of life. 50 or 60%. "
In the end, he emphasized Flu-like conditions with similar symptoms -And, muscle pain, coldness, headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach ache and diarrhea- It must be taken into account that it has visited the affected areas and, in this case, the doctor must be alert to make a diagnosis as soon as possible.
To prevent infection
In Argentina, 4 endemic regions have been identified: Ipar (Salta, Jujuy), Centro (Buenos Aires, Santa Fe and Entre Ríos), Northeast (Misiones) and Sur (Neuquén, Río Negro and Chubut). To avoid this illness, it is important in these areas:
- Rodents avoid coexistence and contact their secretions.
- Cover the doors, walls and pipes.
- Clean the wash (floors, walls, doors, tables, drawers and cabinets), with nine water (leave for 30 minutes and wash). Cool on the floor to prevent dust.
- Place gardens and wood over 30-meter houses, herbs and herbs cut in 30 meters radius at home.
- Have ventilated for at least 30 minutes before closing the places (houses, sheds). Before entering the mouth and nose, enter the column 95.
- Get out of it in herbs and dumps, do not sleep directly on the floor and consume drinking water.
- If there are rodents alive: use rodents or trappers to use poison (do not try to touch or hit). Check with the city if the pest control service is available.
- If there is a dead rod, clean everything you have contacted with bleach and wait at least 30 minutes.
- Then, pick up your hands and burn or burn more than 30 cm deep.
- People with symptoms of illness must be consulted to prevent close contact with the health service and other people.