Hantavirus cases around the Epianas were intimidating the surrounding population and the health organizations sought to take preventative measures that opened the virus.
Cases that have been detected by Hantavirus are described as "appearances", "occur in the same context in the same place and at the same place in Epuy," said Dr. Jorge Elias at Telam. Likewise, due to the configuration of the cases, it has been acknowledged that the possibility of transmitting people through contamination has been in force in the last hours.
The most popular form of spread of the epidemic is by the virus "Oligoryzomys longicaudatus", known as "colilargo mouse".
Up to now there are six positive hantavirus cases, since two viruses have died. In addition, two patients were admitted to the Interstitial Unit of the Esquel Area in the process of destroying the respiratory tract, and the rest is an outpatient illness in good clinical condition.
In the last hours, the beginning of different information began to circulate in social networks, such as the "chaotic" hospital of Esquel. This has been denied by the hospital's director. "It is a lie of falling therapy, it does not go to Epuyen," said Pablo Nouveau in conversation with Noticiad del Bolsón.
Symptoms and recommendations
Symptoms are similar to flu: fever, muscles, coldness, headache, nausea, vomiting and, sometimes, abdominal pain and diarrhea. After a few days, it can be a serious respiratory disorder called "Hantavirus Cardiopulmonary Syndrome". Although rare, it can cause death if it is not treated in time.
When entering a closed space for a long time:
- Open windows and door (outside) and ventilate for an hour
- Put the mask N95 N99 or N100, in addition to the appropriate outfit.
- Stain on the floor, 10% to dilute water with liquid
- Do the cleaning tasks required by the places.
- Hand wash at the end of the task. Clothing can only be used for this activity.
Before removing, disassembling or mobilizing materials:
- Suitable working clothes, shoes closed, use N 95/99/100 mask, goggles and gloves.
- Only allowed for camping sites. Configure areas where indoor wood and vegetation are closed.
- Keep food in the closed container to attract rodents. At night, do not leave food or water in dishes or open containers.
- Avoid traveling through dense basket areas, collecting wood, in open areas only, and during the daytime running.
- Just travel the road and shoe only.
- Do not use any construction (stabilized, shed or wood).
- Before adding water to natural sources, add a drop of bleach per liter of water.
To find dead rodents:
- 10% diluted with liquor with water (9 pieces water and 1 part)
- Put a bag with a double glove or the same bag.
- Mix in deep or ashes. In case of incineration, do it in a controlled place (for example, in a can) avoiding fire risks.
- Wash your hands with soap and water at the end of the task.