Nowadays, when the authorities announced the discovery of ARA San Juan, in honor of the lieutenant who was preparing the next day for the Wagner Clar family and Olavarría in Hinojo (party village). Ship Diego Wagner Clar, the city's birthplace, and his 43 friends.
NOW, the crew of San Juan would be the protagonists of the event, but Olavarría neighbors, who had been preparing, attended the tribute. Emilio Wagner -papá de Diego began to collaborate with the project: a local painter, a town, local businesses and artists. When neighbors heard about the desire of Emilio, they shared with him one goal, NOW built a replica of San Juan, in honor of the crew.
On Sunday, November 18, the Hinojo amphitheater was full in the surrounding streets. After listening to 44 songs to remember the crew of San Juan, and the verses of the National Anthem, Emilio and Catalina -both Diego parents- came with Ezekiel Galli and Diego classmates. ARA San Juan's replica was discovered, built for 3 months and a half. At that moment, the release of pigeons allowed the sky to fly while singing the Navy song. "Long Homeland! Long live the ARA San Juan! Long live our 44 heroes!" Diego was full of excitement.
The replica is nearly 10 meters long and is located in the Amphitheater Roge Lacoste de Hinojo. There were many people who participated, friends or simple strangers offered their work, heart and emotions. "There was a lot of love and love, donations were made," said Emilio Wagner. "Neighbors could not do anything," he said.
Alkate Galli, meanwhile, said: "Today, we had an ARA San Juan crew member at Olabarri, anger was even bigger. He learned the story of his life, to bring his offer to the place he wanted, to listen to his dreams through his family through Olavarría at home and at school.".
The head of the underwater Juan Carlos Sampaoli, when he was born in Olavarría, said: "Our destiny was the vocation of our sailors and submarines as a sacrifice to fulfill today's obligation to honor all these memories and honors. Diego was an excellent military conduct He was careful and professional (…) Honor and glory Diego and his 43 friends. "
Lieutenant of the Fernando Barra boat, Diego Wagner's friend and assistant, remembered in the conversation with DEF: "He was very dear, attached to the profession and the whole family, his passion was underwater. When the sailing arrived, we met and told an anecdote after an anecdote. I lived near my house in Mar del Plata, now my children are like my nephew. He was a brother of heart. "
During the homage, there was also a plaque that received the name of the crew, along with the local artist Ignacio Cardiello: a sea lion, ARA San Juan. During the ceremony, the Navy personnel of Argentina were placed at the bottom of the Stella Maris virgin (Forza job). The artist Diego de Jano Chasman gave their parents a plate that will be placed on the replica.
During the ceremony, about 3 of the 44 trees that grow in the area were symbolically worked.
"It is impossible to rescue"
When the agreement was over, DEF communicated with Emilio Wagner. The love of the city and the discovery of ARA San Juan, the father of the underwater crew helped him and recalled the vocation of his son's service.
-What happened the action? How did the idea of homage take place?
Lots of emotions It was very powerful for us. At the same time, we went from Mar del Plata to Oliberri. I was very sad with my wife. Suddenly, between Balcarce and Tandil, a cloud appeared as a submarine. I thought my son asked me something. This made me replicate, I wanted to do something powerful that would last for years. That's why I thought ironing.
– Have I been interested in this type of material?
-No, I never worked with that material, I'm not a welder. He came to see my neighbor, Gonzalez, selling his closest home. I asked him if he asked me to leave and help me. That day, I contacted other people from the Industrial Park. I told them what I wanted to do, they suggested something bigger and more important. They told me they did not have any idea, but they told me that I would be sure. They gave me two big cylinders, another person offered me a place to work, as well as tools. I was next to the cylinders and did not know what to do. I had no idea.
– Who helped him at that stage?
– When I was studying engineering, a boy gave me a hand to cut cylinders, I made some designs for myself. Then, Ariel Do Santos, I called Diego's friend, I could not see. We did not know that the soldiers did not know, but we started to push. For now we did not know how to continue. And the boy asked for help at the 44th. We cried out, we could not. We asked and the ideas that appeared immediately. I think the submarine was 44. There was a lot of love and love. All donations were There were people who helped us transport, they breathed and painted it. He does not know about emotion and love …
-It can be said that the whole city has participated …
-Olavarría people love us and love us. They gave 44 trees, even though they planted a nursery owner. Neighbors could not do anything.
– How did the discovery of the submarine live?
-Third father, no matter how much has happened, always has a little hope. As soon as the army found out, it was reported that, as if, they said they had already died. Terrible, it was a tough blow. Now we can only make our mourning. Diego has a separate wife, Carolina. Nowadays, Mar del Plata is a great mum struggling only for other Navy boys. When we can do it, we want to travel with her and my grandchildren.
– Have you thought about recovering underwater?
– It is impossible to rescue him. The submarine weighs tens of thousands and is very deep. I think the boys are not, they have become matter. The body and soul rose to heaven. Diego is in the Argentine Sea … I live from the first moment. He would just leave him alone. We never want to confuse our son's memory, we know if Diego returned, he took the ship to another ship. They get into the boat for Homeland's love, no money. Diego had the ability to work under merchant shipping, but he took advantage of the best to continue his beloved Army. He was a sailor in the heart. In the last voyage, he told his wife that he was all about him, for him and for all to defend him. In the end, Diego spoke with him.
Like parents, and for pain, we did not see clearly what was happening. Then I started to do it and I started to say everything: how dangerous to navigate the submarine, pressure … I knew Diego, and if something happened to me, it was very difficult to survive. I told him to take a little, to defend Homeland in a different way. But for him, the greatest honor was the admirer. For me, my son is a national hero. I live with great pride.
– Do you think of ALTAR San Juan disappearing, that Argentina was able to grasp the importance of our resources?
-Pertsia is aware of the importance of having the Armed Forces. The submarine protects our sea from our border. It's before and after, let's wait.