Monday , October 25 2021

Pancreatic cancer pioneer, the most deadly



[ad_1]

María José del Valle with two doctors.Image copyright
Twitter Valley of Hebron

Image caption

María José del Valle, at the center, has operated a Radio Frequency for pancreatic cancer in Barcelona.

Every day over 1,200 people from all over the world diagnose pancreatic cancer, who have the lowest survival rates for this disease.

But now it can be a breakthrough for patients.

Pancreatic cancer is the most aggressive. According to the American Cancer Society, at best The 5-year survival rate is 14%., the worst estimate is only 1%.

The Barcelona Vall d'Hebron Hospital is testing to improve this state of affairs. It's called radio frequency and with this procedure successfully they have been three people.

  • Some extreme cancers are aggressive than others

These patients had a very specific type of pancreatic cancer, locally advanced adenocarcinoma of the pancreas, incompatible with traditional techniques and the only treatment that is chemotherapy palliative.

For this reason, radio frequency may be effective as an alternative to chemotherapy for clowning, in a worse prognosis for pancreatic cancer treatment.

Innovative technique

This technique allows the temperature of 80 ° C to be applied directly to tumor zones. High temperature burning cells.

Image copyright
Vall d'Hebron hospital

Image caption

The image shows a group of surgeons in Vall d & # 39; hospital in Hebron (Barcelona) as it triggers radio frequency pancreatic cancer.

The needle also has a cooling system. "In this type of intervention, the cooling system is used, when cooling fluid intake, for example, as a duodenum, to prevent heating," said Elizabeth Pando, a surgeon at Vall d & # 39; Hebron Hospital.

It is a procedure used in other types of cancers, such as the liver, kidney and lung tumors, but never applied to pancreatic cancer.

  • How to recognize pancreatic cancer symptoms, most aggressive

"Nobody ever dared, and the studio breaks it," says Pandok.

Until now, radio frequency was not applied to pancreatic cancer too many risks Due to the location of the tumors, it has more arteries and veins.

Image copyright
Christopher Furlong / Getty

Image caption

Until now radio frequency can not be applied to pancreatic cancer, it has caused too much risk due to the location of the tumors

If the results are confirmed, from 2020 until 2020, this procedure may be "an excellent option" for pancreatic cancer patients.

Complex predictions

The operations have been carried out in the framework of the study conducted by the Academic Medical Center of the Netherlands.

The study estimates that 40% of patients have a local advanced cancer of pancreatitis that is being diagnosed. The average survival of patients with this disease is about eight months.

  • Why is pancreatic cancer so aggressive?

Since one of the causes of death rates in pancreatic cancer does not cause symptoms, 80% of patients receive a diagnosis in advanced stages.

Once diagnosed, only 20% of these types of tumors can be used. The remaining 80% is the only option available until now for chemotherapy.

"I spent ten months living"

One of the patients who used this method at the Vall d'Hebron Hospital presented María José del Valle, the doctor at the last center, with the results of the first radio-frequency intervention.

Image copyright
Getty Images

Image caption

Pancreatic cancer is the most aggressive.

María José, a PhD in his life, realized that he was at a friend's house yellow arm. He diagnosed pancreatic cancer.

He attended the clinical research and said he said in the press conference "unread". He spent two months chemotherapy before passing on an innovative surgical intervention. "I knew that survival was low, I spent six months." Now it's "phenomenon".

  • "I never thought men suffer from breast cancer"

At this time, this technique has only been used in patients who have remained stable after chemotherapy.

Although careful, doctors are optimistic. "If confirmed that this therapy is advanced in the locomotive of the pancreatic locomotive, we will have a technique that will help us improve the prognosis of this malignant tumor," says Dr. Ramón Charco.

  • Do you already know our YouTube channel? Subscriber!
[ad_2]
Source link