The Ministry of Public Health unites the dermatology control campaign organized by the Association of Argentinian Dermatology (SAD), which evokes critical attention to preventing skin cancer. The activities are in the skin cancer prevention week.
The checks will be carried out on Friday, 23 November, at the Carrasco hospitals (Avellaneda 1402 Bv.), Exponentially requesting from 8:30 a.m., Provincial (Alem 1450) 8-12, and Centenario (Urquiza 3100). 4307185. Activities carried out jointly with the Ministry of Health, through the Cancer Control Agency.
Also, on Sunday 25, on the Recreativa street (8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.), Bv. Oroño and the river, the Rosario Dermatology Civil Association will carry out preventive activities and provide information on skin care.
– To prevent problems on the front, you should take the following attention
– Avoid sunlight from 10 to 16 hours
– Babies will not be able to endure the sun for a year
– Use the sunscreen twice a week and renew it
– Protect from the sun by wearing hats and goggles
– Visit dermatologist once a year and pay attention to the changes in the study
– Changing the appearance of the skin is the first sign of melanoma. Therefore, it is very important to see where the molecules appear and look.
Among the important recommendations to be remembered, the specialists refer to the ABCDE rule:
– Asymmetry; half is half the other.
– Edge; irregular, wavy or poorly defined edge.
– Color; variation from one field to another; different shades of brown and black; Sometimes white, red or blue.
– Diameter; If the melanoma is more than 6 mm (the size of a pencil eraser) is diagnosed, it may be smaller.
– Evolution; Mole or skin lesions that look different or vary in size, shape or color.
– Other changes in the expression of the melanoma are pain, itching or bleeding in the new area of pain or skin.