Within the framework AIDS World DayDecember 1, we share the Decalogue recommendations International experts have detected liver infection.
It causes an infection progressive impairment of the immune system and it reduces the ability of the body to deal with infections and other diseases. In the advanced phases of HIV infection (human immunodeficiency virus) AIDS (immune disease syndrome), that is, there are more than 20 opportunistic infections or a type of cancer.
Global Patient Associations say "prevention where you stay"Because it is an early diagnosis of the virus, so the development of these 10 points.
1. HIV testing must be encouraged diagnosis early and reduce people without discrepancy.
2. There is also tests Quick Operation and autotest, the definitive diagnosis is only established in specialized laboratories.
3. The test must be voluntary, confidential, the informative authorization of the person making it, and access to all the inhabitants.
4. It may be requested inquiry any doctor There are also some NGOs and pharmacies.
5. This is a test mandatory In some cases, such as blood or donated organs, to obtain and receive the people and their semen included in the human reproduction support program.
6. Proof must always be offered to women pregnantPeople in jails and sex between 20 and 59 years of age.
7. Proof is recommended For people with HIV to get in contact with certain fluid bodies an infected person (blood, semen, and pre-seminal fluid, vaginal and rectal secretions, and breast milk), and signs and / or symptoms of infections and tumors related to HIV.
8. The negative result does not exclude last infection (according to a test in the last two weeks and three months), so that at that time there was a risk exposure, the HIV test must be carried out within two weeks and three months.
9. If the test is a positive result, it is necessary to confirm it, in which case additional tests should be carried out to determine the stage of the HIV infection and start the treatment. antiretroviral.
10. If HIV infection is confirmed, antiretroviral treatment should begin early in order to maintain the virus undetectable, boosts defenses, improves the quality of life and virtually prevents the transmission of virtually any other person.