The first diabetes show organized by Lions Club in October 2008, at the Masséna Place (Nice) Place, was a small operation. And today, more than 300 sites in France are celebrated in April and May, the national day of screening of diabetes with the sponsorship of LIDER Diabetes Association (Lions International Screening and Research Diabetes). especially ARAC (Regional Health Agency) Paca.
The Alps and the Var are not exceeded in this operation (read the site details too). Here are five good reasons to try it.
1. There are 700,000 diabetic non-known people
There are 200,000 more diabetics every year in France (more than 3 million people are treated). But 700,000 people would be diabetic without knowing it. "The faster we know, the faster we take care of it, the longer the life will be, the more beautiful it is " Albertois Albert Missi, President of Diabetes, LIDER, emphasizes.
2. Because it's free and fast
The test is performed using individual lancing devices and blood glucose meters. The projection takes less than two minutes for each person. After 10 years, over 300,000 tests were made in France, 15,000 showed a much higher level of blood sugar.
3. Because there is a tracking of the detected people
For the first time, the agreement signed between CPAM Alpes-Maritimes and LIDER diabetes will allow Azureens to "out of bounds" from a projection center, continuing by CPAM medical practitioners or agents. Immediately.
In Var, like in other departments, the usual procedure is followed: the doctor has tested a card for the person with the blood glucose given to their physician.
4. All participants are volunteers
Doctors, students of the CHU Nursing Institute, dietetics, members of the Lions Club … All of them have free time.
5. Because life is a chance to change
Rubbish food, stress, physical activity is often a type 2 diabetes abiarist. Returning to a healthy lifestyle is essential along with a doctor's follow-up.
April 23, Tuesday
Lorgues: The courtyard of the Town Hall
Saturday April 27th
– Antibes: The Martyrdom of Resistance Square
– Cannes: Leclerc streets and streets
– Draguignan: Carrefour Le Salamandrier and Place René-Cassin
– Trinity: Auchan Gallery
– Valletta: Grand Var Shopping Center
– Le Luc: Leclerc-La Retrache district, Toulon road
– Mandelieu: Geant Casino trade gallery
– Menton: Place Koenig, Place du Casino and Intermarché
– Nice: Place Masséna and Carrefour Lingostière gallery
– Ollioules: Carrefour
– Saint-Raphael: Center
– Sanary: kiosk
– Toulon: Mayol shopping center
Saturday May 4th
– Brignoles: Leclerc Center
– Pegomas: CCAS
May 11, Saturday
Saturday 18 and Sunday May 19
– Saint-Martin-Vésubie: Days of Wellness
The LIDER Diabetes Association is aimed at young people more vulnerable to diabetes than today. "Junk food, teasing (sodas), lack of physical exercise under the influence", explains Albert Misseri. At Nanterre University there was a first screening. Nowadays, it is possible to convince other universities to organize tests in France.
Note that it is possible to provide LIDER Diabetes (tax or Paypal) gift at liderbebete.org.