Wednesday , January 20 2021

Carbon monoxide poisoning sends 43 students, hospitals and staff to LaSalle Primary School



Montreal Fire Operations Francis Leduc Chief reconsenses the recovery of the Des Decouvreurs elementary school in the Montreal neighborhood of LaSalle, due to the origin of gas due to toxicity, in fourteen patients.

The first responses have reached 35 children and eight adults at least three Montreal hospitals, the Montreal Children's and Sainte-Justine hospitals and the Royal Victoria Hospital.

Children are between six and 13 years old.

"They were Nauseous, they were vomited, and they were dizzy," said François Labelle, spokesman for Urgences-Santé.

School Des Decouvreurs, Riverside Park near 39. Avenue, was called soon to 911, 11:12 am to get to school and children who were not ill were taken to Notre-Dame-des-Rapides school. feet away

Des Decouvreurs school is closed while the incident investigations continue.

Does the CO detector missing or faulty?

Leduc says carbon monoxide emission could be a bad connection to the school's heating system. This is not uncommon, and because carbon monoxide is aromatic, its presence can be difficult.

Leduc said most of the schools were not the carbon monoxide detectors and the Des Decouvreurs elementary school.

Marguerite Bourgeoys, a school spokeswoman, Gina Guillemette, has denied her.

Guillemette said the school has carbon monoxide detector, but officials are trying to determine what he was doing.

Code Orange

The Montreal Children's Hospital was sent to a Code Orange, facing an important event. In the afternoon, brief information is being made to give more details about his response.

They sent a tweet to the hospital, urging people to avoid emergency room urgency.

Robert Lalli came to pick his sons and said he was not much about evacuation. (CBC)

Parents called to gather students

He sent the school board to his parents and sent them an email asking them to receive children from Notre-Dame-de-Rapides and say he had a problem with the building, "to say the problem related to the system for heating the school system."

Robert Lalli, two children at the Des Decouvreurs school, told parents what other information they had about what happened to them.

"We only know that the school was evacuated with precautionary motives for the possible leak type – gas leak," he said.

She said the school's response was happy.

"They can not call everyone a minute," said Lallik. "It is necessary to do all the things that must be done at the school school."

Many infants and workers at La Decalette Des La Decouverte de LaSalle have had the ambulance to bring at least three Montreal hospitals, due to carbon monoxide discharges due to a defective heating system. (Radio Canada)

The Quebec Minister of Education, Jean-François Roberge, tweeted and Health Minister Danielle McCann joined the situation and contacted Urgences-Santé, as well as school board officials.


Source link