INGLEWOOD, California. Twelve years later, Tito Ortiz retaliates with Chuck Liddell.
UFC Hall of Famers fought his trilogy on Saturday night with the first MMA Golden Boy event. The result was different from the previous two encounters, and for the first time, Ortiz won first place to ensure the rescue made before the 7.839 fans of The Forum.
Liddell (21-9) Ortiz (12-20-12) ended 2004 and 2006, UFC 47 and UFC 66, respectively. A decade later, the trilogy about boxing promotion by Oscar De La Hoya was made.
Results Ortiz, 43, and Liddell, a fierce fight between the 48s. Liddell was the first fight since June 3. Then, two MMA conditions embraced it and apparently buried it.
"Chuck, I thank you for taking that fight," said Ortiz. "You've been very hard in these years and have worked hard, I appreciate you, you're a real champion."
When Ortiz and Liddell fought, Ortiz came to Liddell outside the cage but fought. Ortiz won some short exchanges and began to grow her confidence in the first round, and therefore Liddell apologized.
An hour later, they were wearing other stitches and Ortiz dropped a straight line, leaving Liddell to fall instantly on the canvas. The referee wasted training and the fight was over.
At that time, when he asked when he was fighting for his career, Ortiz smiled and responded.
Liddell vs. The three results of Ortiz are:
MAIN RATE (Payment per view, 9 p.m. ET)
PRELIMINARY CARD (7:30 p.m. ET Facebook)
- Johnny Cisneros def. Dave Terrel unanimously decided (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Fernie Garcia def. Joe Roye Shipment (made of naked back) – Annex 1, 2:48
- Francisco Estrada def. Jose Huerta delivery (back naked). Round 2, 2:47
- Joseph Henle def. Keith Berry, by post (nude background). 1 round, 1:15
- Joshua Jones def. Craig Wilkerson unanimously decided (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
AMATEUR BOUTS (6 p.m. ET)
- Noah Christy def. The decision by Casey Smith unanimously (30-26, 30-26, 29-28)
- Josh Wang Kim def. Johnny Robles through TKO (punches) – 2nd round, 1:56
- Mary Almario def. Tyler Schaefer unanimously decided (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- John Wang Kim def. Mauro Gutierrez's partial decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Julianna Miller def. Sidney Trillo unanimously decided (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)