When it's small Alonso "Monito" Vidal He won the Best Youtuber Prize Gold CopihueHe sent a message about illnesses to children.
"To all people, to tell children about diseases, we have no limitations and we can do everything we want," said Arturo Vidal, soccer's son.
Alonso gives 1 type of diabetesParents have been worried about the problem.
But what is this disease? What are the symptoms? According to the Bupa Clinic, the most common diabetes in childhood is Diabetes Mellitus type 1, which causes 90% of children of this chronic illness. Secondly, hyperglycemia (excess blood sugar) is produced as a result of insulin deficiency in the body.
According to the agencies, when the child diagnoses diabetes, the role of parents or infants is essential to maintain, develop and perform childhood quality of life, which is the main recommendation. keep diabetes controlled.
There are four types of diabetes that are more frequent in childhood, says the clinic. "Diabetes mellitus type 1 reaches up to 90% of cases diagnosed, with Monogenic Diabetes or MODY 5% in newborns. Diabetes is less used for Diabetes Mellitus 2 (DM2), diabetes types (syndromes, drugs, endocrinopathies …) Induced by those who only cause 5% of patients ", indicate
Soledad Villanueva, an endocrinologist in childhood at the Bupa Santiago Clinic, said: "Children believe that diabetes is a condition for life if they are not managed properly, such as high-level sports, athletics, skating, and other physical activities."
In this regard, it is important to know that this chronic illness has been present within 6 months to control and treat insulin-related administration. As regards the factors for developing this type of diabetes, the endocrinologist reveals "There is no detriment to genetic disorders and environmental factors," says the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). According to the DM1, with 542,000 patients under 54 years of age, at the age of 15, in 2015 it was an inter-annual growth of 3%.
As a chronic illness, control and treatment is essential because it causes damage, dysfunction and failure in various organs, especially eyes, kidneys, nervous systems, heart and blood vessels, in the long-term children.
"According to world-class data in the world of diabetes, in 2015, 415 million people, children and adults believed that this illness was projected in 2040 and will be 642 million people diabetic," says Villanueva.
Symptoms and complications
Among the common symptoms created by diabetes, the endocrinologist identifies the following:
* Frank hyperglycemia, blood glucose level (blood sugar) produced greater than 200 mg / dl (normal between 70-130 mg / dl).
* Polyuria, that is, the abundance of urinary excretion. They go a lot of bathrooms.
* Polydipsia is excessive, it is necessary to drink liquids and lose weight in the short term.
* Polyphagia, feeling hungry too.
* Blurred vision
* Increase in growth delay and infections development.
Among the consequences or complications that can result in uncontrolled diabetes, the most common is visual loss (retinopathy), chronic kidney disease (nephropathy) and foot ulcers (neuropathy). Extreme amputations from the clinic to the point.
At cardiovascular level, the endocrinologist warns: "Patients with diabetes have an increased effect on cardiovascular disease, atherosclerotic, peripheral and circulatory diseases, and in patients with lipoprotein metabolism hypertension and changes occur frequently in patients.
Advice and good habits in the care of children's health
On the habits that parents should teach their children about diabetes, the endocrinologist follows these tips:
* Eutrophic children's sport: They are children with normal weight (normal weight) for physical activity for 1 hour, 3 times per week. In childhood obesity, the physical activity must be increased every 1 hour every day, as recommended by the American Pediatric Academy on a daily basis.
* Nutrition contribution: The development is similar to a child, the total contribution of 50% to 55% of carbohydrates, depending on daily calories. Parents and diabetics should know and handle carbohydrate counts in foods, so that the dose of insulin is administered.
* Insulin Management: The endocrinologist means that the education that handles insulin is essential, especially during the crisis of the disease. It is important that parents learn to adjust the doses of insulin so that children are doing sports, recommending that "concepts of high blood pressure and hypoglycaemia, effects and insulin should be administered." .