Most women in Chile have breast, intestinal and cervix (55.3%) and prostate, stomach and skin (58.7%) in males.
While medicine is important for treating medicine, Samuel Durán, Vice President of Nutrition, says "nutrition factors are responsible for 30% of cancerous industrialized countries (smoking is prevented by 2 causes) and 20% in developing countries, together with physical inactivity, breast cancer, colon and rectum It is between 20% and 30% of the kidney, endometrial and esophagus ".
The professional emphasizes the prevention recommendations developed by the Global Cancer Research Fund. This carries out nutritional activities in the prevention and prevention of illness.
1. Maintain healthy weight and limit the consumption of foods that are high in calories, sugars and fat. Damage to excessive food, sugar and fat and excessive consumption of malnutrition, liver cancer, an advanced prostate, is a risk factor for ovarian cancer. , intestinal, kidney, colon, esophagus, breast postmenopausal, pancreas, uterus and stomach.
2. Be physically active. Being physically in a moderate fashion requires at least 30 minutes a day to get around fast. Move sedentary habits, for example watching TV, using mechanical stairs, sitting or lying for a long time. Sedentary life in the uterus is a risk factor for cancer, breast postmenopausal and colon.
3. Increase in the consumption of fruit, vegetables and pulses. Fruits and vegetables of all colors should be the recommendation of the consumption of the population to be at least 600 grams daily or 5 parts. Consumption of fruits, vegetables and legumes is a protective factor for colon cancer and lungs, mouth, pharynx and larynx.
4. Reduce the consumption of red meat and the consumption of processed meats. Red meat consumption must exceed 500 grams per week. The consumption of processed meat (meat, sausages, Viennese or ham) should be occasional (1 to 2 times a month). Consuming red meat and processed meats increases the risk of colon cancer, insulin and stomachs.
5. Do not consume alcohol.
There is a risk of alcohol consumption in the mouth, faringe, larynx, esophagus, stomach, liver, colon, intestine, bladder and breast cancer. Warning: there is no alcohol limit
6. Reduce saline consumption. • Keeping salt and processed foods (preserved or marinated) and consuming more than 5 g of salt per day. Intake of salt is higher than 5 grams per day for risk of stomach cancer, one of the most common cancers in Chile
7. The consumption of complementary multivitamin is not associated with cancer prevention. Important, diet is diverse, rather than healthy, in healthy people
8. Breastfeeding. Exclusive breastfeeding for up to 6 months and up to 2 years, in addition to supplemental feeding, to protect mother and child. Breastfeeding is a protective factor for breast cancer before and after menopause and ovarian cancer.
Early diagnosis is the best ally in the multidisciplinary treatment of cancer, nutritionists are involved in the detection of health impairments and nutritional deficiencies that can lead to rapid progress. "The patient's needs and the way the patient's needs are prepared to prepare food, the kind of esophageal cancer (you need to transform rationalities To complicate), on the other hand, nutritional support for patients who do not feed their mouths by supplemental enteral nutrition or supplemental formulas, Nutritionist is also essential in food safety, such as immunospaced patients treating food problems more often, in treatments (chemotherapy and radiation therapy) helps to improve the effects and symptoms that these treatments (dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, stomatitis), "says Duran.