Republican President of the United States Donald Trump Iran’s nuclear power plant, the Natanz power plant, called for the possibility of destruction last week, but eventually decided not to take that dramatic step, a government official said Monday.
Trump made the call last Thursday at a meeting with senior national security aides, including Vice President Mike Pence, new Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller and U.S. Secretary of Defense Mark Millie. , according to the official.
The version provided is in line with that published in the newspaper The New York Times, According to a report by Trump aides, he was persuaded not to attack the Islamic Republic, citing the risk of a much wider armed conflict.
“Then we noticed.” They presented the scenarios to him and eventually decided not to continue, ”the official explained.
THE White House declined to comment on the official statement or the Times article.
During his four years in office, Trump has pursued a very aggressive policy with him Iran. The United States has withdrawn the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (CIS) on the nuclear program of the Islamic Republic, negotiated by former Democrats Barack Obama, before imposing heavy economic sanctions on Tehran.
Trump, who is questioning the outcome of the Nov. 3 U.S. presidential election, will hand over power to Democratic President-elect Joe Biden on Jan. 20.
A review of military options A report by the United Nations International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said a day later that Iranian authorities had finished transporting the first set of advanced centrifuges from an underground facility in Nathan. This is a new violation of COSD conditions.
In addition, the 2.4 tons of enriched uranium now stored by Tehran in October is much higher than the limit of the agreement (202.8 kg). It produced 337.5 kg in the last quarter, less than the 500 kg recorded by the IAEA in the previous two quarters.
Earlier this year, Trump ordered a U.S. airstrike on Bagass, killing Qassem Suleiman, Iran’s chief general.
However, he later avoided choosing a broader confrontation, while making sure he wanted to withdraw American troops from international sites, fulfilling his promise to end what he calls the “endless war”.
The attack on the U.S. nuclear power plant in Nathanzen could lead to a wide-ranging armed conflict at the regional level and could lead to major challenges for Biden’s foreign policy.
His team Joe Biden The president-elect continues to lack access to U.S. intelligence updates because Trump has refused to acknowledge his failure and begin the process of giving power – it doesn’t mean that.