Damien Cook takes the ball to New South Wales. Photography / Getty
It decides all the actions of the State of Origin between Queensland in Brisbane and New South Wales.
The Queensland Covid-19 restrictions were canceled on Tuesday evening to play in front of the world’s largest crowd since the pandemic began when the original state decided.
64 days have passed since the last case of community transmission in Sunshine State. The virus-free race asked the chief health official to advise the Premier to whitewash the restrictions, including increasing the stadium’s capacity to 100 per cent.
There are more than 52,000 people so technically sitting next to each other in the game, but they are advised to wear masks and practice social distance as much as possible.
Queensland authorities have been running to arrest more than 7,000 people who have entered the state from South Australia since last Monday, following a worrying curfew in Adelaide.
Prime Minister Annastacia Palaszczuk was asked on Monday to isolate and test these people, as Queenslanders returning home from South Australia from midnight on Monday must enter two weeks of mandatory hotel quarantine.
Health Minister Yvette D’Ath said no one in Adelaide would be able to attend the match, and that the layout of the contacts would ensure – in the event of a positive match – that all the people revealed could be in their fifties.
Ms D’Ath said all Adelaide ticket holders had contacted Ticketek, and as of Tuesday morning, authorities had learned of five people who had bought tickets in Adelaide since last Monday.
The SA cluster had 20 cases on Tuesday morning, understood to have originated from a medi-hotel in the capital.
Ms Palaszczuk said the outbreak had raised concerns over Queensland last week after several flights from Brisbane, Gold Coaster and Cairns to Adelaide.
“The last thing we want to see is for Queenslanders to get into any kind of blockade,” he said Monday.
“But this appearance of clusters is worrisome.”
Dr. Jeannette Young said the priority is to find and test people from Adelaide.
“We know all the people who have come to our situation from Adelaide, so we will be able to get in touch with everyone and make sure they test themselves,” Dr. Young said.
Wednesday’s Origin decision comes two weeks after the first game in the series was played in Adelaide; however, Dr. Young said the period of concern was only last Monday.
The Suncorp game will be the biggest any sports game in the world since the crowded Covid-19 first-wave break in March.
The total capacity of the Suncorp stadium is 52,500 and as of Monday there were only 4,000 tickets left. Two thousand cards were left as a gift to primary care workers and emergency services personnel.
Ms. D’Ath said the stadiums were able to fill 100 percent of their seats because of the allocated seats, and ticket sellers kept all contact information.
“We know where each person is sitting … If there’s a case, we know who to contact directly,” he said.
As a buy-in, Suncorp Stadium has introduced measures to make the match COVID safe, including advising ticket holders to wear their masks and get into and out of the game, especially when entering, exiting and moving around the stadium and in front of people. transport.
The allocation of zones is designed to limit movement inside the stadium and reduce congestion. Customers are also asked to reach the ticket and leave only when the area is called.
It requires people who feel unwell at the gym or show symptoms of Covid-19 to stay home. Also, anyone who has been in a hot spot in Covid-19 for the past 14 days, who has been in contact with someone who currently includes Adelaide or has been in a hot spot, should stay home.
Last month, the Bledisloe Cup in Auckland hosted the world’s largest crowd since Covid-19 and drew 46,049 spectators.
The big NRL finals in Sydney in October drew 36,000 spectators.
Meanwhile in the United States, 31,700 fans filled a Texas stadium to watch the NFL game on November 8th.