Three more students from the University of Maryland Adenovirus became ill – less than a week ago, a school announced the death of the student from the mortality of the virus.
The university health center director, David McBride, said there are no new cases in the hospital, according to Fox 45.
"Remember that Adenoviruses are common causes of colds, and usually they are a significant number of people this year," he said. "There are tensions that can cause more serious diseases, but not all people with an adenovirus infection will be hindered."
THE UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND IS STUDENTS OF ADENOVIRUS, 5 OR WITH A SCHOOL
Olivia Paregol, aged at age 18 at school, died at the age of 18 under the adenovirus 7 type. In Maryland county of Howard, Paregol killed less than three weeks in school after studying the disease.
The school's health center announced death last Tuesday, officials reported that five more students diagnosed viruses. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed that a specimen sent to the laboratory was type 7 of the disease. .
Students are increasingly focused on linking the problem of housing problems in the campus. Paregol's friend, Jessica Thompson, told CBS News that they had found two boutiques and shoes in August, and allegedly had a fungal disease.
"You can not sleep at night, because the pillow is close to you and you're coughing all night long," said Thompson. "We should go home on weekends and we would be very well at home, and we would return again and we would cough and we will have a headache."
When partners announced temporary university officials, the couple were taken to a temporary housing unit around 500 other students, while housekeeping was done, Thompson said.
COLLEGE STUDENTS FEAR MOLD IN THE DORMS LED TO ADENOVIRUS DEATH OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND FRESHMAN
The same strain of adenovirus was found in the midst of viral viruses in Wanaque (New Jersey) rehabilitation center, with 11 children killed.
Adenovirus, if there are more than 50 strains of them, is a common virus that creates a low risk for healthy people, but can cause different types of diseases depending on the voltage. There may be mild symptoms of cold or flu, and some strain causes diarrhea and pinkeye.
Type 7, types 3 and 4, by CDC, is the most powerful type. Sometimes it causes serious respiratory illnesses, especially in the weaker immune system.
In the last decade, seven serious 7-year-olds and 7 deaths have been reported in the United States by the CDC, but it is not clear how many deaths have been made.
Fox News "Liam Quinn contributed to this report.